4 Oct 2012

Clafoutis

raspberry Clafoutis
 
So.
Starting a blog a month before moving house is not a good thing! After 9 months, I am only writing my second post! I’ve still been baking, of course, but not blogging.

Please forgive me.
I have been busy though! As well as setting up a new home, I acquired a kitten and she’s taken quite a bit of my attention. As well as working 9-5 and everyday life!

So, to grace my comeback, I present to you ….. “Raspberry Clafoutis!”
"Cla- foo -teee?", What is that? A handful of people have asked me!
…I baked this because the name sounds good!


The recipe below is from the book Cookery School by Richard Corrigan.
Serve yours with orange cream or it’s great on is own!






For the Raspberry Clafoutis
30g unsalted butter, melted
80g caster sugar
3 eggs
200g creme fraiche
35g plain flour, sifted
1/2 level tsp baking powder
200g raspberries
2 tbsp icing sugar, sifted

For the orange cream

100ml double cream
1 tsp orange liqueur, such as Cointreau
2 tsp orange zest
Seeds from 1 vanilla pod

Method

*Preheat the oven to 190 degrees C
 Prepare 4 shallow 200ml ovenproof dishes or gratin dishes by brushing the inside of each dish with the melted butter and then dusting with 30g of the caster sugar.


Next whisk together the eggs, the remaining 50g of caster sugar and the creme fraiche using a handheld whisk. Then fold in the flour and the baking powder and mix until you have a smooth batter.


Scatter the raspberries on the bottom of the prepared oven dishes and gently ladle the batter over. Bake in the preheated oven for 16-20 minutes, or until the mixture has browned slightly on the top and is just cooked in the middle.


*tip: to avoid the delicate clafoutis from sinking into itself, I allowed it to gradually cool down by keeping it in the turned off oven for a little while.

To make the orange cream, first whip the cream to soft peaks in the large bowl. Then add the orange liqueur, orange zest and vanilla seeds and mix well.


To serve, sprinkle the clafoutis with icing sugar and serve straight away, while warm, with a big dollop of the orange cream.
 

 

No comments :

Post a Comment

B' loves comments!

When I find a new favorite thing, I keep going back to it. New favourite shoes will get worn everyday; favourite nail polish, will g...

Back to Top