30 Jul 2018

Chocolate Chip Cookies



Welcome to my recipe for Chocolate Chip Cookies. There are many recipes for chocolate chips cookies on the net, but this cookie recipe has become my go-to recipe for all of my cookie doughs recently. I can change it up - use dark chocolate chips, white chocolate + lime, milk chocolate chips, etc. and still the dough to these cookies tastes divine. What I like is a soft chewy centre and crisp around the edges. This recipe has just that. I think their secret also lies in the sugar: make sure you use the light brown soft sugar.

Chocolate Chip Cookies 
Makes about 18 cookies
 
110 g / ½ cup unsalted butter, softened

85 g /  cup caster sugar
85 g /  light brown sugar

1 egg
½ tsp vanilla

150 g / 1 ¼ cups plain flour

½ tsp baking powder

a pinch bicarbonate soda (baking soda)

a pinch tsp salt

100 g / 4 oz Dark Chocolate Chunks (I used Dr Oetkers Extra Dark 70%)

Preheat oven to 180
°C / 350°F degrees and line two baking trays with grease-proof paper. In a large mixing bowl mix the sugar and butter until combined but not fluffy.
Add egg, then add vanilla. Mix to combine. 

Whisk together the flour, baking powder, bicarb and salt. Mix into creamed mixture until just combined. Fold in the dark chocolate chunks.

Using heaped teaspoonfuls, shape the dough into 1-inch balls, and place 2 -inches apart on the baking trays. Bake for 10 minutes, or until the edges are golden and the centres are just set.

Cool for three minutes before moving to a wire rack.



No comments :

Post a Comment

B' loves comments!

When I find a new favorite thing, I keep going back to it. New favourite shoes will get worn everyday; favourite nail polish, will g...

Back to Top