11 Dec 2016

Christmas Clafoutis

 Clafoutis 


Hi there.
I've had Thanksgiving Pecan Pie recipe up for long enough now, so here is a recipe for the unusually pronounced, clafoutis (cla-foo-tea). Plus, another reason for a quick new post, is I'm here in the UK and we don't really observe Thankgiving, so although I get a few online visits from the US, I don't think there's enough of you to be subject to see that recipe for another week longer past Thanksgiving Day!  

But here's something you didn't know about me and is worth a mention... half my family live in the states and my Grandma is currently over here now about to depart back to Tampa in time for Christmas, I will miss her. :-(

Anyway, I have made you no-frills Clafoutis! and by no frills I mean no orange cream, no fancy frosting, just the sweet and spongy delight of clafoutis with raspberries to go. The most 'exotic' ingredient I think it requires, is Creme Fraiche, the rest, you may already have in your fridge! This dish is best eaten warm and perfect for Sunday afternoons like today.



For the Raspberry Clafoutis
30g unsalted butter, melted
80g caster sugar
3 eggs
200g creme fraiche
35g plain flour, sifted
1/2 level tsp baking powder
200g raspberries
2 Tbsp icing sugar, sifted


Method

*Preheat the oven to 190ºC
 Prepare 4 shallow 200ml ovenproof dishes or gratin dishes by brushing the inside of each dish with the melted butter and then dusting with 30g of the caster sugar.


Next whisk together the eggs, the remaining 50g of caster sugar and the creme fraiche using a handheld whisk. Then fold in the flour and the baking powder and mix until you have a smooth batter.


Scatter the raspberries on the bottom of the prepared oven dishes and gently ladle the batter over. Bake in the preheated oven for 16-20 minutes, or until the mixture has browned slightly on the top and is just cooked in the middle.



*tip: to avoid the delicate clafoutis from sinking into itself, I allowed it to gradually cool down by keeping it in the turned off oven for a little while.


To serve, sprinkle the clafoutis with icing sugar and serve straight away, while warm, with a big dollop of cream.
 

 

No comments :

Post a Comment

B' loves comments!

When I find a new favorite thing, I keep going back to it. New favourite shoes will get worn everyday; favourite nail polish, will g...

Back to Top