23 Dec 2016

Snowball Cookies

Snowball cookies

Dear Christmas. I’d love to tell you that my fireplace is fully decorated ready for Christmas with all the stockings and everything festive, but that would be lying. The truth is, I’ve only got a partially decorated tree up, and might I add – a 6ft slim one this year, (slim: as I’m going to be going for that look myself once Christmas is over and all the dessert is eaten). And I’ve only partially decorated the house, as I figured the more I put up, the more I have to take down in a couple of weeks, right? Is that sort of a Grinch attitude to have? Oh dear.

I’ve been trying to write this post for a few days now, having made these over the weekend, a good couple of times. I’m not too happy with my shots above/below though (the perfectionists in me). So, I think I will repeat this recipe again pretty soon, and update the photography one day, so stay tuned. But for now, they are here and waiting for you with all their festive goodiness!



Snowball_cookies_above

There are two nuts in this world which guarantee consumption from me: Cashew nuts and Pecan nuts. Oh yes. Include these in your recipe for something as dull as say, celery, and Bee will eat it. (I detest celery). Their Delicious pecan nuttiness make these cute snowball cookies that bit more delectable than the average shortbread biscuit. Snowball Cookies, for you.

Snowball Cookies

115g unsalted butter, softened
70g icing sugar, divided
½ tsp vanilla essence
135g all-purpose flour
30g finely crushed pecans

Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line a baking sheet with greaseproof/parchment paper. Set aside. In a stand mixer, cream together the butter and about half of the icing sugar until creamy, about 1 minute. Add vanilla essence to butter mixture and combine.

Meanwhile, stir together the flour, pecans, and salt in a small bowl. Once combined, add the dry flour mixture to the butter mixture. Mix on medium-low until everything is incorporated. Dough will be slightly sticky but roll-able.

Using a dessert-spoon, scoop small golf-ball sized dough and use your hands to roll into balls and place on the prepared baking sheet. Without flattening, lightly pat each ball down with fingertips – work quickly and lightly to prevent dough sticking. Bake for 15-17 minutes, or until light-golden at edges – keep watch as these can easily become overdone!

Allow to cool for about 10 minutes on tray, the cookies will be slightly firm to touch, hardening once they cool. Whilst warm, add the remaining icing sugar to a small bowl and roll the top of each cookie in the icing sugar to coat. It will melt a bit onto the cookie, thats okay.

Place on a serving platter or in an airtight container. Just before serving, add an additional light dusting of icing sugar to the tops.

Snowball cookies

No comments :

Post a Comment

B' loves comments!

When I find a new favorite thing, I keep going back to it. New favourite shoes will get worn everyday; favourite nail polish, will g...

Back to Top