30 Sept 2016

Heating-On weather Recipes

Today marks the first day after the summer that my central heating went back on. I was at my computer and felt a nip in the air and decided, it's time. To be fair, I have waited long enough and we are on October's doorstep. I think I have done well, all things considering!

So, to celebrate, here are my favourite Heating-On weather bakes.

• Number One, has to be Apple Crumble. There is no negotiation on this one. Apple Crumble is where my baking began and may it continue. No doubt I would have drawn out this recipe and executed many times before Christmas.


perfect Apple Crumble | www.bakeandthecity.co.uk


• Autumn or Fall, marks pecan harvesting season in the USA and I do tend to notice better deals on packs of pecans around this time over here, so we must not forget my Pecan Pie Bars recipe.


• Baked Cheesecake for its dense nature and hint of warming nutmeg, will leave you pretty satisfied after one slice.


Baked Cheesecake | www.bakeandthecity.co.uk



• Thin Pear Tart just because it looks so elegant. One to bring along to those cold autumn evening dinners.


Pear Tart | www.bakeandthecity.co.uk


• And, finally, the list is topped off with an honourable all-rounder 'whatever the weather'. Banana Cake. As this is a recipe that I bake so often, I can't help feeling like an expert, here are some tips you may find useful.

Banana Cake | www.bakeandthecity.co.uk


That's all folks. Hopefully we will be set for a warmer winter this year.

No comments :

Post a Comment

B' loves comments!

When I find a new favorite thing, I keep going back to it. New favourite shoes will get worn everyday; favourite nail polish, will g...

Back to Top